Accountancy – BSc (Hons)
Looking to study an accounting and finance course in Birmingham? Our BSc (Hons) Accountancy degree is accredited by CIMA, CIPFA and the IFA, and allows you to take a year-long placement.
The course is designed to equip you with technical knowledge and skills as well as a range of employability skills, attributes and attitudes. It will encourage your intellectual and ethical development and your personal commitment to the social purpose of becoming a professional accountant.
What’s covered in the course?
As you progress you will become more effective and creative as a problem solver and be given the opportunities to develop the skills necessary to be able to critically advise individuals and companies in the UK and internationally on a range of business related matters. The accounting specialism and professional alignment of the course enables fast track progression into a career in accountancy. Your engagement with this course will allow you to develop your teamwork, IT, analytical and presentation skills whilst boosting your commercial acumen and awareness as you progress through this course which has employability at its heart. You have the option of completing a year-long work placement between your second and final years of study should you wish to do so. Additionally, there will be opportunities to experience different graduate roles with a wide variety of short insight or internship schemes open to you to compliment your studies during University vacations.
Why Choose Us?
- Students are satisfied with our courses! Our Accounting courses scored 93 per cent for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018.
- This degree course is accredited by the ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA and ICAEW professional bodies for maximum exemptions. This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of accounting, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course. Your placement tutor will also give you guidance throughout.
- Our links with accrediting bodies and big name businesses mean we regularly hold industry talks and guest visits on campus.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- Your course will consider the study of accountancy, finance and business from an international perspective, and you will be given the opportunity to travel abroad as part of your course.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.
- We keep group sizes small, and focus on teaching instead of lecturing, meaning you’ll get all the time and focus you need from our industry experienced staff.