Accounting and Finance – BSc (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Looking to study an accountancy course in Birmingham? Our BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree is accredited by ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA and ICAEW, and allows you to take a year-long placement.
This degree is accredited by all the right professional bodies for maximum exemptions, providing you with the opportunities to develop the skills necessary to succeed in the worlds of accounting, finance and business.
The programme is designed to equip you with the building blocks to become an intellectual and moral professional accountant.
What’s covered in the course?
As you progress, you will be given the opportunity to become a more effective and creative problem solver, and develop the skills necessary to critically advise individuals and companies in the UK and internationally on a range of accounting-related matters.
There will also be opportunities to experience different graduate roles, with a wide variety of placements and internships on offer to complement your studies and get you industry ready.
This course covers a range of areas such as accounting, taxation, business economics and law, strategic decision-making, and management, with real-life briefs and projects to work on.
This course offers you the choice of studying for the conventional three years or undertaking an additional professional placement for a year. A year of work experience will not only provide you with real-world experience of your subject, but will also give your employability credentials a substantial boost.
As part of their studies, previous students have worked with renowned names such as AXA Investments, Bentley, Goodyear Dunlop and Volkswagen.
With our practice-based approach to teaching, you’ll have the chance to learn from professionally qualified, experienced academics who continue to work with industry. They’ve worked for companies such as KPMG, BMW and Cadbury Schweppes.
Why Choose Us?
- Students are satisfied with our Accounting course! We scored 93.9 per cent for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018.
- This degree course is accredited by the ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW and CIPFA professional bodies for maximum exemptions. This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of accounting, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course. Your placement tutor will also give you guidance throughout.
- Our links with accrediting bodies and big name businesses mean we regularly hold industry talks and guest visits on campus.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- Your course will consider the study of accountancy, finance and business from an international perspective, and you will be given the opportunity to travel abroad as part of your course.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.
- We keep group sizes small, and focus on teaching instead of lecturing, meaning you’ll get all the time and focus you need from our industry experienced staff.