Accounting and Finance Integrated Master’s – MAcc
Attendance Full Time (4 Years), Sandwich (5 Years), Part Time (7 Years)
Looking to study an integrated masters accounting course in Birmingham? This MAcc Accounting and Finance integrated master’s degree course is designed to be aligned with the ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW and CIPFA and other professional bodies to allow for maximum exemptions.
Designed to equip you with the intellectual and technical building blocks needed for a successful career, the course will stimulate your development and offer opportunities to develop the skills towards becoming a high-achieving business professional.
What’s covered in the course?
As you progress, you will be given the opportunity to become more effective and creative when it comes to solving problems, as well as analysing scenarios with a view to being able to advise individuals and companies in the UK and abroad.
During the second and later years of the course, there will be more flexible learning opportunities that will enable you to specialise in particular subject areas, as well as allowing you to tailor your course to a specific career aim or professional body. There will also be opportunities to experience different graduate roles, with a wide variety of placements and internships on offer to complement your studies.
Why Choose Us?
- Students are satisfied with our Accounting course! We scored 93.9 per cent for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018.
- The programme provides you with the opportunity to earn both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, enhancing your knowledge and improving your employability prospects.
- This degree course is accredited by the ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW and CIPFA professional bodies for maximum exemptions. This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of accounting, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course. Your placement tutor will also give you guidance throughout.
- Our links with accrediting bodies and big name businesses mean we regularly hold industry talks and guest visits on campus.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- Your course will consider the study of accountancy, finance and business from an international perspective, and you will be given the opportunity to travel abroad as part of your course.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.
- We keep group sizes small, and focus on teaching instead of lecturing, meaning you’ll get all the time and focus you need from our industry experienced staff.