Advanced Practice – MSc
Attendance Part Time
For delivery of this course, applicants need to come from organisations who have a formal agreement with Birmingham City University to deliver this programme, which would require a minimum of 10 students.
This multi-professional, clinically focused course provides an internationally recognised Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and Master’s award. The course is suitable and relevant to all nurses, midwives and members of allied health professions, in or outside of the UK, who want to retain an influence on clinical care but may also like to have more involvement with strategic development of services design and reconfiguration.
During this course you will develop your knowledge and skills to improve the design and delivery of services, expand your educational and leadership roles and meet the rising expectation of health care in local populations.
You cannot apply online for this course – please contact Sharon Bishop at Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What’s covered in the course?
This course is renowned for providing excellent tutorial support to ensure that nurses, midwives and allied health professionals relate to the practice and senior roles.
As an existing health professional, you will be able to use the course to develop your knowledge and skills in healthcare and expand on educational roles. You will develop analytical skills through interactive classes and lectures, so that you are able to critically examine practices within the context of legislative and professional frameworks of your own country.
You will learn from professional lecturers who maintain ‘cutting edge’ knowledge of policy developments related to Advanced Practice, as members of national committees and international consultations with healthcare colleagues. Our lecturers are actively involved in research and publications related to advanced practice and other senior roles.
The modules will allow you to explore your employment situation, recognise the potential for career progression, and identify ways in which you can improve practice and services or pioneer new developments.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to pursue particular profession specific topics of your choice in greater depth. The modules incorporate ethical practice and the role of the advanced practice professional in creating and maintaining an ethical working environment; legal dimensions of practice will also be addressed.
Why Choose Us?
- Winners of the Nurse Education Provider of the Year Award 2017 for post-registration courses
- Internationally recognised Masters Award for all nurses, midwives and members of allied health professions based in health related settings in or outside of the UK.
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of health policy to promote your confidence and involvement in wider debates within the practice area
- Become engaged in influencing changes in practice delivery, leading to more effective and efficient services
- Assist in combating disease and disability in diverse populations
- Opportunities for exchange visit and collaboration with English MSc students are available
- Support for all students. If you are dyslexic, have a specific learning difference or a disability, we have a Disability Tutor who can help and support you.
- Study at our £41 million City South Campus based in the heart of Birmingham, with access to state-of-the-art facilities to aid your learning and development