Big Data Analytics – PgCert / PgDip / MSc
Attendance Full Time, Part Time
The MSc Big Data Analytics course will provide you with an insight into areas of data mining, big data management, and advanced statistics. You will develop in-depth practical skills through using tools and techniques from the forefront of the emerging field of data analytics. You will use these to effectively model complex organisational requirements and propose suitable solutions.
What’s covered in the course?
The demand for big data analysis and management is continually increasing in business and computer science. For companies it can provide valuable insights, and results such as increased market share, profitability, possible cost savings and procedural efficiency. This course will equip you with the necessary skills to exploit big data tools and methods in order to drive innovation and growth in modern global organisations and society.
The learning activities on this Masters in Data Analytics degree are designed to encourage and facilitate your ability to gain employment and sustain a professional career in data analytics – by building your confidence and skills through hands-on experience and structured feedback. The course combines formal lectures and tutor-led workshops with independent study. You will develop key analytical and problem-solving skills, and will gain an aptitude for research, academic writing, and time management.
Technology enhanced learning will be used through the provision of online resources and discussion forums. Teaching will be conducted in a work-related context: you will work collaboratively with tutors, researchers, and businesses to prepare you for employment. Potential careers for Big Data Analytics graduates include roles in data science, data warehousing, consultancy, data security and data administration.
Why Choose Us?
- We provide research-led, practice-driven teaching underpinned by our versatile research projects and strong industry links.
- You will have the chance to participate in our student engagement initiatives (OpportUNIty), which will enable you to work collaboratively with the University to enhance your student experience.
- Our academic staff have extensive professional experience and are engaged with both the government and industry in helping to solve complex problems.
- We have excellent industry partnerships. Our previous students have gained work experience and graduate roles at companies such as: Hewlett-Packard, BT, Capgemini, Cisco, IBM and more.
- We are committed to enhancing our graduates’ employability through continuing professional development, and learning in a global environment.
- We have an established data analytics group that can supervise PhD projects.