Building Surveying – BSc (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 years), Sandwich (4 years), Part Time (5 years)
Looking to become a Building Surveyor? This course is founded on the core competencies of the Building Surveying profession, preparing you to pursue your journey to full professional chartership. Much of your learning will be hands-on, you’ll carry out survey work using a range of equipment and you will also be provided with the latest CAD software.
What’s covered in the course?
Our Building Surveying course matches the needs of industry, based on real-life building practice, building pathology, construction technology, and the legal framework for industry, risk management and building surveying practice.
The course not only encompasses the conservation, re-purposing and adaptation of the existing built environment, but also embraces innovation, preparing you to contribute to the success of the profession and supporting the development of a sustainable society for the twenty-first century and beyond.
During this course, you will develop a range of academic and technical skills relevant to the building surveying profession. As in industry itself, this course demands a broad range of technical and creative skills.
Our course is fundamentally based upon the core competencies which are outlined by our accrediting partners, RICS and CIOB, which gives you a good foundation for your future career. We focus on the core technical knowledge, such as building pathology, construction technology and sustainability, as well as the legal framework knowledge required for a career in building surveying.
We also believe that as the industry changes and adopts new approaches, we also, working with our industry partners, should give our students the opportunity to learn about the innovative changes which are impacting the industry today.
The BSc Building Surveying degree aims to produce building surveyors with a well-rounded ability to mix technical, creative and business skills, ready to join an equally fast-moving built environment. You will therefore be industry-ready and can look forward to a fulfilling and enjoyable career as a building surveyor.
Why Choose Us?
- Our Built Environment courses are placed 11th out of 59 institutions in the Guardian University League Tables 2018.
- Our alignment with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) ensures our course remains fresh and relevant, as well as providing key industry links and insight.
- In 2017, we are spending £6.5 million on improvements to our Millennium Point facilities so you’ll have even more access to dedicated, industry-standard equipment.
- There will be regular site visits to enhance your learning experience, and talks from industry leaders will help explain how to gain employment within the built environment world.
- You’ll learn the analytical and problem-solving skills you’ll need to meet the demands of the broad range of built environment industry roles.