Building Surveying with Facilities Management – MSc
Attendance MSc - Full Time, Part Time
The MSc Building Surveying programme with Facilities Management is designed to respond to the dynamic demands for sustainable management of the existing built environment and is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
What’s covered in the course?
The course is founded on the principal that participants intend to attain membership of the RICS. The programme therefore embraces the values of the RICS and reflects the requirements of the professional body in terms of core technical and professional skills and attributes. All students are expected to be student or graduate members of the RICS.
The Building Surveying course content and delivery is underpinned by the need to respond to the RICS Strategic Foresight 2030 report, including incorporation of the seven strategic pillars for the future within learning, teaching and assessment.
The course will provide you with a broad but solid foundation in the fundamentals of organising, managing, and designing work to existing buildings. It seeks to provide you with the knowledge and skills to meet the challenges presented by the globally evolving built environment marketplace.
This course focuses on developing and expanding the knowledge, understanding and ability of practitioners to respond to the challenges of the 21st century. You will receive a rigorous grounding in the advanced skills needed to operate at a high level in industry and become competent in the solving the problems and challenges you will face. You will also be able to add value to your decisions through a thorough analytical approach and be able to better implement them as a competent building surveyor.
The course encompasses the entirety of the property life cycle, allowing you to appreciate how decisions made in one aspect of a property’s development and use can have a significant impact later on in the life cycle.
Why Choose Us?
- This course is RICS accredited
- You can follow either the building surveying or facilities management pathway on completion of the course
- There is a mock Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) built into the assessment process
- This course is designed to respond to the challenges of the 21st century identified by Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), including responding to increased use of BIM, smart cities and Big Data
- This course will give you the broad range of practical and theoretical skills needed to practice and develop your surveying career.