Business Accounting – BSc (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Looking for a Business and Accounting course in Birmingham? Our BSc Business Accounting degree is accredited by ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, AIA and IFA.
Designed to equip you with the intellectual and technical building blocks to kick-start your career in business and accounting, this degree’s professional accreditations enable fast-track progression into the world of accountancy. You’ll also have the option to take a year-long sandwich placement in industry during your course.
What’s covered in the course?
You will study accredited modules that are designed to meet high standards, and you’ll also have the option to undertake a full year’s work placement, gaining vital real-life skills. As you progress, you will become more effective and creative as a problem solver and be able to critically advise individuals and companies on a range of business-related matters.
You’ll develop the professional accounting skills required of any senior manager and have the flexibility to customise your own programme during the second and final years to become a specialist in economics, taxation, project management or international business.
Completing the course will not only enable you to follow careers in accountancy, but careers in any aspect of business, as you’ll have an in-depth understanding of all aspects of business operations.
Why Choose Us?
- Students are satisfied with our courses! Our Accounting courses scored 93 per cent for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018.
- This degree course is accredited by the ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW professional bodies for maximum exemptions. This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of accounting, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course. Your placement tutor will also give you guidance throughout.
- Our links with accrediting bodies and big name businesses mean we regularly hold industry talks and guest visits on campus.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- Your course will consider the study of accountancy, finance and business from an international perspective, and you will be given the opportunity to travel abroad as part of your course.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.
- We keep group sizes small, and focus on teaching instead of lecturing, meaning you’ll get all the time and focus you need from our industry experienced staff.