Business Administration (Top-up) – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (1 year)
Want to top up your business degree? Our BA (Hons) Business Administration (Top-Up) course allows you learn administration skills from industry experienced lecturers.
This flexible and wide-ranging course allows you to tailor your studies to your interests, from small business administration to digital marketing.
With a wide range of modules to choose from, you’ll be able to follow a path that will lead to your future career, with previous students progressing into roles with high-profile businesses such as N Power and Zurich.
What’s covered in the course?
This course covers a whole range of areas with at least 5 modules for you to choose. You’ll study full-time for a year with timetable chosen to suit your needs, and you’ll also be given attentive student support.
Working with other students from across Birmingham City Business School, you’ll develop and demonstrate your ability to collaborate, while other projects will require you to work alone and develop your independent learning skills.
You’ll work on a range of innovative and practical projects, including business reports, case studies, presentations and projects, all of which will help you to apply your knowledge to real businesses and real situations.
Our staff will help to support and tailor your learning with expert industry knowledge and experience. They’re researchers, authors and titans of industry who’ll share their own practical and academic experience and expertise.
Why Choose Us?
- This is a unique way of gaining your degree, allowing you get to specialise your learning and choose your own bespoke timetable. There’s a lot of guidance from your tutor and we get great feedback on the support students get.
- Business and administrative courses are in the top 12 degree subjects for getting a job according to the Telegraph. 85 per cent of business graduates nationwide go into work or further study within six months of finishing their degree.
- By developing your own personal study programme, you’re showing employers that you’re really committed to those areas. Whatever you choose, you’ll get to apply the theory to practical experience and add that to your CV. We find that employers regard this as really valuable in a graduate.
- Many of the students you work with will be doing a slightly different degree and will have come to it from a different route. This means you get to work with a whole range of interesting and diverse students. It’s great for networking, sharing ideas and learning from each other.
- Because our staff have incredible links with industry experts and high-profile companies, you’ll get a range of projects and guest speakers from incredible companies. In the past our speakers have included Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Apprentice finalists and the Chairman of Unilever.