Business – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Looking for a business studies course in Birmingham? Our BA (Hons) Business degree offers the opportunity to take a year-long sandwich placement in industry.
On the course, you will be able to develop a wide range of cognitive and intellectual skills, together with competencies specific to business and enterprise.
The course will provide you with the opportunity to develop specialist business expertise, while helping you learn key transferable skills, all of which will help you stand out when it comes to securing employment.
What’s covered in the course?
Your learning will embrace the development and operation of business markets, the management of key resources including human capital, financial management, strategic management and cultural awareness, since we believe business can’t be studied in isolation.
In addition, you’ll gain an insight into digital business, exploring how technology has remodelled the business world, and reflect on accompanying issues around social responsibility and ethical behaviour.
Your course will foster your intellectual and ethical development and encourage your personal commitment to the socially useful purpose of becoming a business professional. It will also develop your core behaviours through learning activities that enable you to practise, exhibit and develop confidence in enterprise and entrepreneurship.
After gaining a solid grounding in business functions, you will be able if you wish to specialise in our innovative Business pathway for your next two years. BA (Hons) Business (Marketing) will equip you with the communicative, administrative and creative skills needed to make an impact in the marketing industry.
Alternatively, you can continue to pursue the BA (Hons) Business route. Each pathway will allow you to pursue a programme consistent with your career ambition.
Why Choose Us?
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of business, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- Our Business team have a range of experiences within industry and these will be enhanced by the unique contributions which colleagues in strategy, finance and enterprise can offer.
- Our module offering is shaped to address perceived gaps in the business industry, meaning you will graduate with in-demand skills.
- Throughout your degree, you will be working in collaboration with students from other courses, such as Marketing, Management and Accounting, giving you an insight into all aspects of modern day business.
- Stimulate your learning experience with us by taking part in external initiatives and schemes, such as our Emerald Forest mock hotel simulation.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.