Business Finance – BSc (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Looking for a Business and Finance degree in Birmingham? Our BSc (Hons) Business Finance course has an international focus and allows you to take a year-long industry sandwich placement.
Designed to equip you with the expert knowledge and technical skills required by the Association of Corporate Treasurers qualification and the wider industry, this flexible course will encourage your development towards becoming a successful business finance professional.
What’s covered in the course?
During the second and later years of the course, there will be more flexible learning opportunities that will enable you specialise in particular subject areas, as well as allowing you to tailor your course to a specific career aim or professional body. There will also be opportunities to experience different graduate roles, with a wide variety of placements and internships on offer to complement your studies.
“The University has provided me with more than an education, with all the extra activities, events, competitions and societies available. Birmingham City University has helped me gain more employability skills and made me more confident as an individual.” Navdeep Dhillon
Why Choose Us?
- Students are satisfied with our courses! Our Finance courses scored 92 per cent for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of finance, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- We arrange guest lectures from industry leading speakers, so you can get an insight into the actual workings of global financial systems.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- We offer a high proportion of internationally oriented modules, so your skills will be applicable all over the world.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.You’ll have the opportunity to work in our ‘CITY Trading Room’ using the same investment analysis software as traders, financial analysts and decision makers in the investment industry.
- You will gain a rigorous understanding of finance and investment practices, equipping you for a successful career as a fund manager, financial analyst, investment banker or financial manager.