Business Finance Integrated Master’s – MFin
Attendance Full Time (4 Years), Sandwich (5 Years), Part Time (7 Years)
Looking for a combined masters Business and Finance course in Birmingham? Our MFin Business Finance degree can allow you to move straight onto a Master’s level course when you finish your undergraduate degree.
Designed to equip you with the expert knowledge and technical skills required by the Association of Corporate Treasurers qualification and the wider industry, this flexible MFin course will encourage your development towards becoming a successful business finance professional.
What’s covered in the course?
As you progress, you will become more effective and creative in problem solving, as well as being able to critically advise individuals and companies in the UK and abroad. Our course is tailored to ensure you are equipped for the challenges of a finance industry which demands innovation and performance.
Our MFin Business Finance degree is an integrated master’s course. This is a four-year degree course which combines three years of undergraduate study with an additional fourth year at postgraduate level. The advantage of this mode of study is that it enables you to stand out from the crowd on graduation with a master’s level qualification. If you do not achieve the necessary standard of performance to continue onto the fourth year, you can still graduate after three years with a Bachelor degree qualification.
The course also has the option of a sandwich year, wherein you’ll get the opportunity to go on a year-long industry placement.
During the second and later years of the programme, there will be more flexible learning opportunities that will enable you specialise in particular subject areas, as well as allowing you to tailor your programme to a specific career aim or professional body. There will also be opportunities to experience different graduate roles, with a wide variety of placements and internships on offer to complement your studies.
Why Choose Us?
- Students are satisfied with our courses! Our Finance courses scored 92 per cent for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018.
- The programme provides you with the opportunity to earn both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, enhancing your knowledge and improving your employability prospects.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of finance, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- We arrange guest lectures from industry leading speakers, so you can get an insight into the actual workings of global financial systems.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- We offer a high proportion of internationally oriented modules, so your skills will be applicable all over the world.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.You’ll have the opportunity to work in our ‘CITY Trading Room’ using the same investment analysis software as traders, financial analysts and decision makers in the investment industry.
- You will gain a rigorous understanding of finance and investment practices, equipping you for a successful career as a fund manager, financial analyst, investment banker or financial manager.