Business Management – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Want to get a job in business and management? Our BA (Hons) Business Management course is accredited by the CMI and allows you to take a year-long placement as part of your degree.
Our course features exciting work placement opportunities, world-renowned industry speakers and real-life projects so your career can start the minute you walk through our doors.
In addition to the main programme, we offer three distinct pathways, allowing you to specialise in a specific area. They examine three core aspects of modern business management – consultancy, supply chain management, and enterprise.
Tailor your Business Management Degree
Our suite of Business Management programmes, available both full time and part time, will enable you to tailor your interests to a specific area. You even have the opportunity to change your degree path after completing your first year. Our Business Management pathways include:
What’s covered in the course?
Your learning will embrace the development and operation of business markets, the management of key resources including human capital, financial management, strategic management and cultural awareness. In addition, you’ll gain an insight into digital business exploring how technology has remodelled the business world and reflect on the accompanying issues around social responsibility and ethical behaviour.
Our accreditation by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) ensures you’ll be provided with the latest information and knowledge, as well as providing key industry links and insight.
Why Choose Us?
- This degree course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of management, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- You’ll be involved in real world business projects and hear from leading industry speakers, who will share current thinking around business and management. You’ll also get the chance to go behind the scenes at places such as the luxury outlet shopping centre Bicester Village and Manchester United Football Club with our trips and visits.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- Our staff have worked in managerial roles for some of the biggest brands in the world, including the likes of Tesco and Selfridges.
- You’ll be able to choose from three distinct associated programmes – Supply Chain Management, Consultancy or Enterprise, enabling you to tailor your interests to a specific course. Conversely, you could stay on the main Management route. The flexibility of the course means you aren’t tied down to any set career path – the skills you learn can be applied to any industry, whether you’re working in large teams or individually.
- We put a heavy emphasis on the hands-on skills needed in modern business management, with practical assessments as well as exams.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK
- The course will prepare you for a variety of management roles, whether they are based in the public, private or voluntary sector, a multinational company, a local organisation or your own business.