Business Management (Supply Chain Management) – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Want to get a job in supply chain management? Our BA Business Management (Supply Chain Management) degree is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute, and allows you to take a year-long placement.
Accreditation from the CMI ensures our course remains cutting-edge and relevant with modern procurement and supply chain management practices, and you’ll be exposed to a range of culturally diverse organisations and opportunities to study and work across the globe.
Tailor your Business Management Degree
Our suite of Business Management programmes, available both full time and part time, will enable you to tailor your interests to a specific area. You even have the opportunity to change your degree path after completing your first year. Our Business Management pathways include:
What’s covered in the course?
Further, alignment to the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is in progress whose benefits include access to a network of CIPS professionals, knowledge and resources that are aimed at the Procurement and Supply Chain career professional
Our industry placements have helped our students to secure placements at IBM, Panasonic and KPMG, while, upon graduating, they’ve progressed into roles with companies such as BMW, Sainsbury’s and Xerox. In addition, this programme allows you to retain the core of your study in business and management, while enabling you to specialise in Supply Chain Management.
Why Choose Us?
- This degree course is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of management, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- You’ll be involved in real world business projects and hear from leading industry speakers, who will share current thinking around business and management. You’ll also get the chance to go behind the scenes at places such as the luxury outlet shopping centre Bicester Village and Manchester United Football Club with our trips and visits.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- Our staff have worked in managerial roles for some of the biggest brands in the world, including the likes of Tesco and Selfridges.
- You’ll be able to choose from three distinct associated programmes – Supply Chain Management, Consultancy or Enterprise, enabling you to tailor your interests to a specific course. Conversely, you could stay on the main Management route. The flexibility of the course means you aren’t tied down to any set career path – the skills you learn can be applied to any industry, whether you’re working in large teams or individually.
- We put a heavy emphasis on the hands-on skills needed in modern business management, with practical assessments as well as exams.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK
- The course will prepare you for a variety of management roles, whether they are based in the public, private or voluntary sector, a multinational company, a local organisation or your own business.