Civil Engineering – BEng (Hons) / MEng
Attendance BEng (Hons) - Full Time (3 years), Sandwich (4 years) MEng - Full Time (4 years), Sandwich (5 years)
Want to become a Civil Engineer? Study our Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) / MEng degree course at Birmingham City University This course, designed to meet the requirements of relevant professional bodies, will giveyour career in civil engineering a head start.
Much of your learning activity will be hands-on, with access to our strong industry links. You’ll also be provided with the latest CAD software, meaning you’ll be well equipped to make an impact in an important industry.
You will study in a unique simulated workplace environment. This experience, and our outstanding industry links, will give you a competitive edge, enabling you to progress to a successful career when you graduate.
What’s covered in the course?
You’ll be provided with knowledge of the scientific, technical, environmental, economic, and managerial aspects of civil engineering, so that you will be able to apply yourself to both the design and management of civil engineering projects.
You will also develop the key transferable skills that modern employers require, such as problem solving, project planning, presentation and communication. Our strong links to industry enable you to apply your learning to problem-based scenarios, ensuring your intellectual and practical competencies are fully developed.
Civil Engineers design and construct anything from buildings and bridges, to dams, power stations, and motorways. This course will prepare you to work on these projects. You will focus on structures, materials, geotechnics, and hydraulics, and your studies will be enhanced with site visits, field trips, and guest lectures.
The team was impressed with BSc vocational education available … and it was noted that these programmes are well respected and serving industry needs. Joint Board of Moderators
Why Choose Us?
- The course will develop your understanding of many construction professions within the field of civil engineering.
- You can enhance your skills and gain valuable work experience with a placement with one of our key industry partners.
- Our graduates work for companies such as Balfour Beatty, Cancer Care, in management roles such as construction managers or design engineers.
- The course meets the specific requirements of professional bodies, enabling you to progress to becoming a chartered civil engineer.
- You can also opt for seamless progression from BEng to MEng, which will help you to stand out from the crowd on graduating.