Construction – HNC
Attendance Part Time (2 years)
Want a comprehensive introduction to the construction industry? Study HNC Construction and structure your coursework in your own way.
You’ll gain fundamental knowledge that will set you up to explore a range of construction roles. Plus, it’s a great way of progressing onto one of our Built Environment degree courses.
The skills you gain are very much in demand and graduates of the School have secured roles with major engineering and construction companies such as Laing O’Rourke, Mott MacDonald, Taylor Wimpey, Birmingham City Council and Birmingham International Airport.
What’s covered in the course?
Offering expert training for technologists in the design, production and management of buildings, the HNC Construction course has a practical focus and professional respect.
You’ll gain a sound understanding of the technical, legal and scientific principles of construction. Seminars and lectures are backed up by construction site visits which will bring your studies to life. You’ll also be supported by expert staff who have professional experience of working on multi-million pound housing and commercial developments, as well as having excellent working knowledge of the construction industry.
Close links with industry will provide you with valuable connections. You’ll have the chance to take part in student awards with big name sponsors, such as BAM, Bouyges, UK North and Midlands, giving you the chance to gain recognition and make contacts to help further your future career.
You’ll also benefit from having access to both state-of-the-art digital facilities and traditional resources. Using advanced BIM software, surveying equipment and a computer-generated virtual building site, you get accustomed to the technology used in industry.
Birmingham’s cutting edge development presents fantastic opportunities to gain experience and contacts for our students based in the city centre location.
Why Choose Us?
- Satisfying professional body requirements, this course places you in typical working situations, giving you vital experience.
- Using advanced CAD software, surveying equipment and a computer-generated virtual building site, you will become accustomed to the technology used in industry so that when you enter your career, you’ll have the skills that give you a competitive advantage.
- You’ll benefit from the invaluable industry insight of staff and guest speakers who have worked on major projects and developments.
- You will have the chance to take part in student awards with big name sponsors such as Thomas Vale. These give you the chance to gain recognition and make contacts which could prove beneficial in your future career.
- Studying on a day-release, one day per week basis, you can build your course work around your working commitments.