Data Networks and Security – MSc
Attendance Full Time, Part Time
The MSc Data Networks and Security programme intends to develop your competence in using tools and techniques for configuring data networking systems, securing data networking systems and managing data networking systems in a production environment.
What’s covered in the course?
The course is designed to cover a number of advanced topics in data network engineering, namely, network management, network security, software defined networks and information security. In addition, you will receive a solid grounding in research methods and project management before undertaking an individual project that provides an opportunity to demonstrate technical and general employability skills in preparation for career progression.
More specifically, the individual project simulates typical graduate workplace tasks that require in-depth knowledge and skills in a specific area of computer science and network engineering. This will include consideration of wider issues and the ability to manage activities and resources, as well as generate, implement and report on solutions to meet task objectives. Throughout your studies, you’ll be supported by our expert teaching staff, all of whom have a wide range of research and industrial experience in areas such as intelligent systems, mobile computing, Semantic Web, machine learning and software engineering, which they use to enhance the curriculum.
Why Choose Us?
- The Centre for Cloud Computing houses the Cisco Networking Academy, which has an international reputation for delivering high-quality teaching, training and support acrossEurope, the Middle East and Africa.
- In six purpose-built rooms, the Centre also houses £500,000 of computer networking and communications equipment, together with more than £200,000 of web-based equipment and bookable resources.
- The course provides opportunities for you to engage in advanced studies using problem-based learning and flipped curricula strategies. You will work in groups and on your own to deliver solutions to industry-related problems and scenarios.
- The unique combination of employer-led, research-informed technical knowledge and practical experience on industry-standard resources makes our graduates more employable and sought after.
- The course encourages critical thinking and problem solving, giving you the opportunities for research.