Design Management – MA
Attendance Full Time, Part Time, Work Based Learning
Accelerate your career with our MA Design Management course, established for over 20 years. Designed to give you the knowledge required to bridge the gap between design and business, you’ll develop the requirements sought for in industry today.
Through theory and practice, this multi-disciplinary programme is aimed at ambitious designers and non-designers alike. We’ll give you the skills to work in, and communicate effectively, across both design and business disciplines.
Subject to Updates
As part of BCU’s commitment to providing excellent student experience, the content and structure of this course is being refreshed to ensure that it continues to meet the highest educational standards. This page will be updated with the revised course documentation by 30 June 2019.
What’s covered in the course?
You’ll learn from our team of commercially active staff, who ensure the content stays industry relevant. Alongside the opportunity to complete a six-week placement option, you will have the chance to work on commercial projects with established businesses. Previous projects have included working on a brand review with GKN, a FTSE 100 British multinational company specialising in aerospace.
Tailor the programme to suit you. The curriculum has a distinctive professional focus and embraces business management, marketing, design strategy, entrepreneurship, innovation, sustainability, design leadership and design practice.
Your focus will also include project management, intellectual property law and finance. There is also a strong emphasis on the development of evidence-based decision making, high level leadership and communication skills.
Why Choose Us?
- Tailor your programme of study to match your career goals and design discipline
- Work on commercial projects with members of industry
- Become part of a student group made up of experienced designers and design managers
- Hear from special guest lectures
- Have an opportunity to study whilst remaining in design practice via work-based learning
- Enjoy a wealth of networking and collaboration opportunities in design during a six-week placement option
- Enjoy the opportunity to access our industry-standard facilities
- Benefit from extra-curricular opportunities such as competitions, personal introductions and internships
- Choose from one of four pathways: Professional Practice, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Sustainable Design Policy, and Service Design
- Join our LinkedIn community with over 150 graduates across the world