Dietetics (pre-registration) – MSc
Attendance Full Time
As the only qualified health professionals to assess, diagnose and deliver interventions for diet and nutrition-related problems, there has never been a greater demand for qualified, knowledgeable dietitians to contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of individuals and the wider public. Our new MSc in Dietetics will provide you with the knowledge, skills and professional approach needed for practice in a contemporary healthcare environment.
What’s covered in the course?
On this postgraduate degree in Dietetics, you will gain knowledge in food science, applied nutrition, clinical pathology and pharmacology, social science and therapeutic dietetics. Development of key skills, including communication, research and professionalism will enable you to become a compassionate and competent practitioner who can deliver effective, evidence-based and quality-driven care. You’ll learn in specially built clinical skills rooms, with specialist space so you can get the best training possible.
Why Choose Us?
- This course is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The alignment with our new undergraduate sports, nutrition and biomedical sciences courses offers you a unique opportunity to gain a sound knowledge of the underpinning scientific principles and contemporary research relevant to your practice
- Successful completion of the MSc Dietetics confers eligibility to apply for registration with the HCPC
- You will build your knowledge through a combination of academic and practice placement learning opportunities, Blocks of practice placements – covering both traditional and emerging environments, will enable you to be work ready for a diverse range of dietetic career opportunities
- You will be taught in a small cohort by specialist lecturers who work within the sector and can provide relevant, up-to-date information alongside real life case studies
- We work in partnership with service users and carers to inform the design of the programme as well as involving them in aspects of delivery, enabling you to directly interact with, and learn from, service users and carers
- You will develop effective team working and communication skills through inter-professional learning, projects and placements enabling you to facilitate group education and to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- You will learn about business and innovation alongside clinical and health promotion topics, helping you to become an effective practitioner within the ever-changing healthcare environment
- You will study in our latest development, the £41 million home for the School of Health Sciences, where you’ll have access to state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge resources including mock clinical environments and online simulation learning
- Student loan finance – have you already studied an undergraduate degree but would like to do a second one in Dietetics? You may be eligible for funding.