Digital Marketing – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (2 years)
Our BA Digital Marketing degree is a unique two-year fast-track programme that immerses you in real-world, professional advertising and marketing communications:
- Digital is the shared digital media experience between brands, users, technologies and trends.
- Marketing is how marketers add value to their brands and user experiences by fulfilling desires.
It’s a powerful mix where you’ll be working with professionals to learn key skills in the fast-paced digital communications industry. You’ll find yourself making simulated advertising campaigns with agencies like Mediacom, or delivering marketing solutions to content brands like the BBC, or using the latest technologies to produce exciting events, interactive experiences and games for clients like Codemasters.
BA Digital Marketing is employment-led and teaches with a practice-based, knowledge-applied approach, where tutors and industry professionals work with you in classes and assignments to help you develop and grow your personal and professional development.
What’s covered in the course?
You’ll be based in the New Technology Institute, (NTI), at the City Centre Campus where you will engage in practical workshops, digital media production, lectures and assignments with your peers, tutors and industry mentors.
We’ll give you your own laptop to use for the duration of the course, state-of-the-art resources to work in and top industry mentors to work with.
As you progress through the course you will build a knowledgeable skillset that gives you proficiency and know-how across disciplines and specialist expertise within them. Along the way, you’ll build a tangible ‘portfolio of practice’ that showcases your work and proves your professionalism; you’ll be making and delivering real media assets for real clients in the real world.
This course aims to answer the creative industry’s calls for savvy digital talent to exploit new opportunities and trends in emerging markets and technologies.
This means you’ll be looking for ways to reimagine trends, build brands, find fame, add value, optimise content, disrupt behaviours and monetise ideas across a range of media, platforms and channels.
To do this you’ll need to understand how it all works, and your BA Digital Marketing course has the answers in a rich combination of options and projects.
The Digital Marketing course has given me ‘access all areas’ and hands-on experience with top advertising agencies, real work placements and industry mentors. I’ve got a proven portfolio of professional work and my final project is with the UK’s most successful agency AMV…” David Murawski (graduated 2016)
Why Choose Us?
- Proven two-year accelerated BA Honours Degree programme.
- Dedicated studio and state-of-the-art resources.
- Award winning tutors (BAFTA, D&AD, RTS) with decades of experience in industry.
- MacBook Air supplied for the duration of the course.
- Industry placement opportunities with top agencies and clients.
- Project-based, experiential learning with professional mentors.
- No exams! Coursework assignments building to final project and portfolio of practice.