Education – PhD
Starts from:Sat, August 31, 2019
£12,300 per year Apply NowCampus Location
Attendance Full Time, Part Time
Our Centre for the Study of Practice and Culture in Education (CSPACE) is active in a wide range of research in education policy and practice, and engages in education research across all age phases, from Early Years, through Primary and Secondary Schools, to FE and Post-16, Higher Education and lifelong learning. Areas of interest in which staff are currently active include:
- Childhood Studies
- Early Years
- Post-16 Provision
- Education Policy
- Music Education
- Professional Learning and Development
- Workplace Learning
- Student experience in Higher Education
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Management and Leadership in Higher Education
- Historical Research into education
We welcome applications in these and other areas of expertise in education.
What’s covered in the course?
- Research students in Education will join a thriving research community and be part of one of the University’s Research Centres of Excellence.
- We offer supervision for study either part-time or full-time towards a PhD degree.
- If you are accepted for a PhD, there is a University-wide taught course in research methodologies, and you will be assigned to a director of studies, and at least one second supervisor will also be appointed.
- You will have access to a dedicated research room for postgraduate researchers
- You’re encouraged to publish in collaboration with your supervisors and to take part in research conferences and events