Education Studies – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 years)
Are you interested in teaching, education systems, care or research? Our BA (Hons) in Education Studies will allow you to explore all aspects of education, focusing on subject areas of most interest to you, so that you graduate with a range of career options in what you love to do.
What’s covered in the course?
Studying in our recently extended state-of-the-art £71 million City South Campus in Edgbaston, you will explore concepts such as education and society, equality, diversity, values and policies of the UK education system, as well as educational systems around the world. You will also have lots of opportunities to delve deeper into subjects that matter and are of interest to you too.
Our degree uses a wide variety of learning methods, including interactive and engaging lectures, seminars and workshops with guest speakers often stopping by to share their knowledge. This is combined with our experienced course staff who will be supporting and guiding you every step of the way.
Throughout the course we arrange visits to and welcome guest speakers from organisations from across Birmingham including, the Thinktank, Historic England, CBSO and the Newman Brother’s (a museum in the Jewellery Quarter). You will also have the opportunity to go on a work placement during year two to enhance your skills and experience.
The placement module is a crucial aspect and allows you to merge theory with practice. You will be encouraged to experience and consider different educational settings though enhancement activities such as volunteering, Careers Week, Graduate+ and presentations from external speakers.
This course is designed to promote independence so that you become more a confident, autonomous, creative lifelong learner and will challenge you to push the boundaries and discover your full potential while at university.
Why Choose Us?
- Learn in our £71 million City South Campus. You will learn in our stunning campus, with access to state-of-the-art facilities which will inspire and motivate you during your time here
- Expert staff team – our experienced, passionate and dedicated staff team will guide you through the course to maximise your learning opportunities and future employability
- Strong industry relationships – we work in partnership with local schools, care leavers support services, art galleries and museums, Birmingham’s virtual school and special schools – which you can benefit from by carrying out work experience and build your own professional relationships with
- Study abroad – you can choose to study abroad on this course. Students from other education courses have travelled to, and studied in France, Spain and Germany, and you could too!
- Excellent placement opportunities – placement work is built in to this course to provide you with skills and experience that will prepare you for future employment
- Unique course – this course is designed to challenge, engage and stimulate your mind to be the best you can possibly be
- Access to guest speakers – we have close relationships with many expert speakers – another source of knowledge for you to take advantage of