Event, Venue and Experience Management – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years)
Want to study event management in Birmingham? Our BA (Hons) Event, Venue and Experience Management degree allows you to take a year-long placement in industry.
Over the past decade there has been a surge of careers in the global leisure sector that require best-in-class event, venue and guest experience managers.
This innovative and on-trend course will give you the skills, experience and insights to develop a career in the growing area of event management.
What’s covered in the course?
Combining theory and practical application the course will draw heavily from practicing event, venue and experience leaders to cover multiple aspects such as marketing, project management, design, operations, analytics, digitization, experiential and client management.
Building upon the insights and close business connections that Birmingham City Business School has made through its Academy of Multi-Unit Leadership (with over 600 graduate managers from industry-leading event and leisure organisations) this undergraduate course will provide the academic expertise and contacts to help you develop an exciting professional future. President of Genting UK, Paul Willcock, describes the course as ‘an exciting and innovative degree that provides exceptionally strong pathways into our industry’.
Why Choose Us?
- This is the only undergraduate Event Management course in the UK to be CMI accredited. The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is the only chartered professional body dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence.
- The course has the support of external management professionals from the wider West Midlands area. Paul Willcock, President of Genting UK, said “This course is an exciting and innovative course that offers fantastic pathways into the industry”.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of event management, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the world of events. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- Recognising the global scope of the events industry, our programme has a clear international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in placements, internships, project fieldwork, workshops, and attendance at conferences within the leisure and events industry which will enable you to gain the experience needed to kick start a successful career in the industry. You will get the chance to go behind the scenes at iconic event venues such as the Genting Arena and the International Convention Centre (ICC).
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- We put a heavy emphasis on the hands-on skills needed in modern event management, with practical assessments as well as exams.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK
- The course will prepare you for a variety of roles such as Event Manager, Venue General Manager, and Guest Experience Manager. These would be based in public, private, or voluntary sector, a multinational company, a local organisation or your own business.