Fashion Branding and Communication with a Foundation Year – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (4 years)
Do you want a fashion degree that will enable you to pursue a career within the industry, specifically fashion communication and branding? Then this course is for you. Its unique mix of both fashion communication and branding will give you the skills you will need to be a creative, confident, well-informed fashion communicator, ready for the industry
About foundation courses
This four year programme has been specifically designed to allow you to undertake additional level 3 study, to ensure you are successful on your chosen degree programme.
After successful completion of your foundation year, you will have the flexibility to switch (should you wish to change direction) onto a number of related undergraduate degree programmes within the School of Fashion and Textiles.
What’s covered in the course?
You will be taught by an industry-experienced teaching team and by visiting industry professionals. There is also the opportunity to participate in live industry-based projects and competitions, such as working with Textile View 2 magazine, and L’oreal Brand Storm.
You will develop visual and written communication skills across a broad range of creative media (creative direction and styling, art direction and graphics, print and digital design, branding strategy and journalistic writing) associated with the fashion industry. There will also be the chance to showcase your final-year work to industry leaders, at events such as Graduate Fashion Week in London.
Based at our City Centre Campus, you will have access to photography studios and equipment, relevant software and computer equipment, as well as a faculty of creative students to collaborate with. You can also take part in the international Erasmus exchange programme and choose to follow our four-year sandwich option, which features a one-year industry internship.
“Covering trend, branding, print, layout and design has made me confident I can grow these skills in a work environment and apply for jobs in all areas.”
Chloe Thorne, School of Fashion and Textiles graduate, 2016
Why Choose Us?
- You’ll get to work on international industry competitions, such as L’Oreal Brand Storm.
- You’ll enjoy a vast archive of fashion publications dating back to the 1930s.
- You’ll have the opportunity to showcase your final-year work to industry leaders at events such as Graduate Fashion Week in London and our Arts, Design and Media (ADM) Faculty degree show in Birmingham.
- You’ll have the chance to visit international fashion cities such as London, Berlin, Copenhagen and New York.
- You’ll collaborate with other students from across the ADM faculty.