Fashion Business and Promotion – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 years)
Our BA (Hons) Fashion Business and Promotion degree course enables you to explore a range of roles within the fashion industry, beyond the making and production of clothing.
Guided and supported by a knowledgeable, industry-experienced staff team, you will gain an education across the different fashion sectors and develop skills in order to undertake a number of industry roles, including Buying, Marketing and PR, Trends forecasting and Event Management.
What’s covered in the course?
You will learn how fashion roles work together, as well as commercial and consumer and competitive awareness.
You will work on a live project, as well as industry focused briefs across the first two years and benefit from regular industry guest speakers.
Throughout the course, we will develop your business knowledge and language, preparing you for delivering presentations, teamwork, writing reports and build skills in creating both paper and digital visual work with the aid of CAD packages.
In your final year, you will work on projects that support your independent interests and develop your self-promotion skills ready for industry. In June, you will have the opportunity to showcase work at London’s Graduate Fashion Week, which brings nationwide fashion courses together and offers valuable networking opportunities with the fashion industry.
“I can truly say this course prepares you to be 100 per cent industry-ready. You will learn in a challenging, informative and inspiring way, giving you true industry insight and skills across a number of subjects. From trends forecasting to event management this course helps you understand the wider fashion picture. You will leave this course as a confident professional.” Sophie Johnson, graduate
Why Choose Us?
- The course helps you become as versatile and dynamic as the industry itself.
- Unlike other courses, we cover a variety of fashion business modules to ensure you gain a broad perspective of the fashion industry.
- The course provides creative and visual fluency, equipping you with the toolkit to operate in the competitive, international fashion market place.
- Our academic staff all have industry experience, teaching and researching their specialist subjects, ranging from trend forecasting to branding and international retailing.
- Integrated work placements provide you with the essential experience needed to get ahead in their sector.