Finance and Investment – BSc (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Want to study investment finance in the UK, and take the first step towards a career in investment banking? Our BSc (Hons) Finance and Investment course allows you to take a yearlong placement in industry, helping you stand out from the crowd when you graduate.
Our programme is focused on a practical application of financial skills in the investing world, qualities that are in high demand in modern finance and investment management sectors.
What’s covered in the course?
Designed to equip you with technical knowledge and skills in line with the Investment Management Certificate qualification from the Chartered Financial Analyst Society UK*, as well as a range of employability attributes, the course will encourage your development and commitment in becoming an investment professional.
As you progress, you will become more effective and creative in problem solving, as well as being able to critically advise individuals and companies in the UK and internationally.
The course also has the option of a sandwich year, wherein you’ll get to go on a year-long industry placement, giving you invaluable real-world employment experience.
During the second and final year of the programme, there will be more flexible learning opportunities that will enable you to specialise in particular subject areas, as well as allowing you to tailor your programme to a specific career path. There will also be opportunities to experience different graduate roles, with a wide variety of placements and internships on offer to compliment your studies.
Based at the University’s new campus in the UK’s second city, you’ll live and study in a vibrant environment and engage with local, national and international businesses. You will be taught by highly qualified academics with industrial and professional experience.
Why Choose Us?
- Students are satisfied with our courses! Our Finance courses scored 92 per cent for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of finance, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- We arrange guest lectures from industry leading speakers, so you can get an insight into the actual workings of global financial systems.
- Recognising the global scope of business, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- We offer a high proportion of internationally oriented modules, so your skills will be applicable all over the world.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.You’ll have the opportunity to work in our ‘CITY Trading Room’ using the same investment analysis software as traders, financial analysts and decision makers in the investment industry.
- You will gain a rigorous understanding of finance and investment practices, equipping you for a successful career as a fund manager, financial analyst, investment banker or financial manager.