Fine Art – HND
Attendance Full Time (2 years)
This course prepares you for a career in fine art, as well as offering direct entry to the second year of a related full degree course after you’ve successfully finished it.
Delivered at our highly respected partner institution, Birmingham Metropolitan College, you’ll also be able to take advantage of all the benefits of being a student of Birmingham City University.
Subject to Updates
As part of BCU’s commitment to providing excellent student experience, the content and structure of this course is being refreshed to ensure that it continues to meet the highest educational standards. This page will be updated with the revised course documentation by 30 June 2019.
What’s covered in the course?
Across both years of this HND course in Fine Art, you will develop your creative skills and be fully prepared for further study or employment.
Our Business and Professional Practice modules give you a genuine feel for the reality of working as an artist, and will equip you for the challenges of a professional and successful career.
Our full degree graduates include award-winning professional artists, art therapists, curators, teachers and professionals within Birmingham’s thriving creative industries sector.
Why Choose Us?
This course is called a franchise programme, which means that most of the teaching (in the first two years) takes place in College but that everything about it is assessed and approved by the University. It is a BCU programme taught in a supportive College setting.
- You are a welcome to come on to BCU’s campus any time you like to access our library, sports facilities, computer rooms and speak to any of our staff about your studies.
- Your teaching will be based on campus at the College, which means that you will also have access to support from College tutors and advisors.
- Lots of our students find that the additional support in College helps them build confidence and even more skills ahead of transferring to study with on campus with the University.
- You will still be incredibly close to BCU, located in Birmingham and easily able to move between the two places.
- You’ll be part of our 5,000-strong art and design community and enjoy the support and encouragement of Birmingham City University.
- Our highly experienced staff are all nationally and internationally active artists.
- Access our multi-million pound facilities that rank among the best in the country and include advanced equipment for photography, casting, woodwork, metalwork, silk screen, etching, relief printing, and printed and constructed textiles.