Foundation Course in Acting – Foundation
Attendance Full Time (20 weeks), Part Time (34 weeks)
This course, with two pathways of delivery to choose from, allows you to learn the secrets of a successful audition, alongside voice, movement, dance and acting classes.
The Foundation Course in Acting, available both full-time or part-time will give you a broad foundation in performance techniques and methods, and will be invaluable to anyone wanting to go to Drama School or take up a place on a performance course at University. It is also available to those who want to expand their experience in acting before applying. Former students have gone on to train at a variety of drama schools in the UK and in the USA.
- Professional Workshops at Shakespeare’s Globe (full-time pathway only)
- Audition Preparation for Acting and Singing in Small Tutorial Groups
- Level 3 Qualification: Students are awarded between 24 and 30 points depending on their exam result.
With less contact time than the full-time route, the part-time option of this course concentrates on the core skills of acting, voice and text. You will work on one major project towards your assessment.
Please note: At 20 to 34 weeks in length, this Foundation Course in Acting course does not qualify for Student Loans Company funding/finance for fees or living expenses. However payment plans are available.
Why Choose Us?
- A course aimed at committed and enthusiastic young people, who have a passion for acting and who want to improve their experience level.
- 20 full weeks with 30 hours training per week, or two evenings a week over 34 weeks part time.
- Taught in small, very intensive classes.
- Class size is limited, and you may be asked to audition.
- As part of the course you will complete the Trinity Performance exam in Performance which can contribute up to 30 UCAS points (depending on the value placed on the course by the institution(s) to which you are applying, and your assessment result).
- Former students have gone on to train at a variety of drama schools in the UK and in the USA.