Garment Technology – MA
Attendance Full Time, Part Time
If your interest is in the technical construction of garments, the engineering of fashion products and a career at the heart of the fashion industry this course is for you.
You will already have experience of garment construction and in this course you will be able to further refine your areas of interest and expertise. From CAD to couture you will have a range of choices before you as to how you develop your skills base and portfolio. You will also be encouraged to collaborate with industry and define a clear career path for yourself.
What’s covered in the course?
Your learning will be focused on studio and workshop practice, featuring personal programmes of study and joint lectures and seminars.
You’ll also enjoy specialist interpretations of art, craft and design supported by our highly experienced course team.
The course provides a forum to discuss and analyse the professional, commercial and cultural dimensions of garment technology in contemporary society.
Based in The Parkside Building at our City Centre Campus, you will have access to a wide range of conventional and CAD facilities, including a Gerber fashion CAD suite, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with a faculty full of creative students.
Your learning environment will encourage you to become an adaptable, flexible and knowledgeable graduate, equipped to pursue a career in the fashion industry.
Why Choose Us?
- Study with a globally respected provider of education in fashion and textiles.
- Benefit from a unified programme and work alongside textile, fashion and surface designers
- Access a wide range of facilities, including digital print and a Gerber fashion CAD suite
- Network and collaborate with other fashion students, our wider postgraduate community and beyond
- Enjoy a vast archive of fashion publications dating back to the 1930s