Global Sport Management – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years)
The global sports market is estimated to be worth between £400 billion and £500 billion and is growing at a significant rate year on year.
Over the past decade there has been a huge increase of career opportunities in the global sport sector that require graduates with the skills, attributes and experience to thrive in such a dynamic industry.
What’s covered in the course?
This undergraduate course will provide the academic expertise needed to help students develop an exciting professional future.
Combining theory and practical application this course will draw heavily from practising sports leaders to cover multiple aspects such as technology and digital innovation, marketing, events, operations and analytics. Internships, placements, project fieldwork and workshops will enable students to start a career the second they walk through the door.
All modules balance a range of relevant theory and concepts with practical application and throughout the course students reflect and apply this content into real life scenarios – enabling students to enhance and critique their learning. In short, this is a course designed to be the catalyst for students to forge a hugely successful career in the global sports industry.
Why Choose Us?
- This is the only undergraduate Sport Management degree of its kind in the UK to be CMI accredited. The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is the only chartered professional body dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of management, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- Following the globalisation of the sporting industry over the last 25 years, this course will provide global learning experiences for students by combining theory and practical application with close global sport industry links, developing student’s global outlook and preparing them for careers with key global brands.
- There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- Course material is directed to current and future industry demands and aligned to key elements within global sport job specifications, providing you with relevant and real world, professional experience to excel in the marketplace.
- Students will gain contemporary skills in technology and digital innovation; marketing and events; operations and analytics, preparing them for successful graduate roles within the global sport industry.
- Relations with high profile global sport organisations (such as Manchester City) ensure students will gain the technical, behavioural and cognitive awareness that is required of them in the current job market.
- The access to the global sport industry surrounding Birmingham City University (such as the hosting of the Commonwealth Games in 2022) allows students to develop a professional and practice-led outlook.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.
- Academic staff have over 17 years of professional sporting industry experience, bringing specialised, real-world examples and insight to student learning.