Health Psychology – MSc
Attendance MSc - Full Time, Part Time
Want to study a health psychology Master’s in Birmingham? Our MSc Health Psychology is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
With the shifting emphasis in governance and health-related policy papers, health psychology continues to grow in popularity.
Communities are dynamic and always changing, so our understanding and support of health, wellbeing and behavioural changes needs to be considerate of all diverse groups. On our BPS accredited MSc Health Psychology course, you will study a range of techniques and methods, ensuring you graduate with the skills you need to be a competent, knowledgeable health psychology practitioner.
What’s covered in the course?
We will provide you with a detailed understanding of the key theoretical and applied issues in health psychology. These include the key psychological theories and applications which support behaviour change, addressing disease prevention and enhancing health and wellbeing, managing health, health promotion and health interventions, and self-reflection on your own learning and development.
Contemporary health issues will be put into context at local, national and international levels, exposing you to issues which cover the globe as well as local areas.
You’ll be taught how to submit a research ethics proposal, which will address a health issue with the use of psychology. You will also learn how to complete a mini systematic review, which will provide a rationale for your health psychology project, and how to evaluate and conduct analysis. You will also enhance your skills in communication, presentation and group work.
Why Choose Us?
- We have academics who are active in contemporary cutting-edge applied health psychology research, which will be showcased on this programme and will inspire your research interests.
- Our academics are experts in their chosen field, and have first-hand experience of working in and researching in health settings. This underpin the syllabus where the application of health psychology to practice will also be showcased.
- The option to study either full-time or part-time means you can fit your studies in alongside your personal and work commitments.
- Face to face teaching will take place on campus. Independent study needs to be organised to ensure that you meet deadlines.
- This programme will provide you with assessment choices from selected options on most modules, as well as a flexible blended learning approach which has been put into place to suit various preferences and learning patterns.