International Business Law – LLM
Attendance Full Time
The LLM International Business Law meets the current demand for specialist knowledge and skills in a rapidly expanding field. The course provides you with the opportunity to explore the legal regulation of the world of international business, and you will acquire knowledge and understanding of the aspects of substantive and procedural law.
You will study all the key areas of International Business Law:
Core taught modules:
- International Corporate Law
- Transnational Commercial Law
- Corporate Criminality and Tax Evasion
- Advanced Legal Research Methods
Two optional modules from the list below:
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Conflict Resolution in Business
- Global Comparative Competition Law
- Corporate Compliance
LLM Masters Stage:
- Dissertation/Live Project/Placement
What’s covered in the course?
The course will also provide you with the opportunity to critically examine different systems of law at a higher level. The critical analysis skills that you will develop while studying on this course will enhance your employment opportunities in the legal and business sectors, as well as enabling you to acquire a strong basis for progression to doctoral studies.
The course aims to develop your ability in analysing and evaluating the principal features of international business law. You will study the major concepts, values, principles and rules that dictate the discipline.
You will communicate complex and abstract ideas in an articulate and confident manner, as well as learning a host of transferrable skills that will stand you in good stead for when it comes to securing employment.
Why Choose Us?
- You will learn from an outstanding and dedicated teaching team.
- You don’t need a degree in Law to be eligible to study this course.
- The course covers transnational jurisdictions, so it is international in scope
- The course has flexible delivery methods to suit your location and when you are able to study. You can enroll as either an on-campus student or as a distance learning student.
- You will have an opportunity to enhance your employability skills by completing an internship. Placement opportunities are also available at a range of European companies
- Birmingham City University has just launched the UK’s first Centre for Brexit Studies, researching all aspects of the UK’s vote to leave the EU, including the impact it has on domestic law and legislation.
- You will be able to benefit from the newly-introduced postgraduate loans. For more information, visit UCAS.