International Jewellery Business – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 years)
This International Jewellery Business degree course is a unique opportunity to study the management and marketing of jewellery at Birmingham City University’s internationally renowned School of Jewellery.
On the three-year full-time undergraduate degree you will study theoretical management models utilised in the jewellery industry. You will learn how to apply marketing techniques and discuss how the history and culture of the world has shaped attitudes towards the consumption of jewellery.
What’s covered in the course?
This BA (Hons) International Jewellery Business will give you a fantastic start in your career in the jewellery industry by combining academically rigorous studies with the possibility to practice applying skills and knowledge in ‘live’ projects and simulations. The options available throughout your time at Birmingham City University will allow you to customise your studies to concentrate on gaining skills and experience for the jewellery industry that best match with your career ambitions.
You will be taught by experienced tutors with a background in the jewellery industry and will learn by working on group and individual projects, and applying the management and marketing theories to jewellery industry challenges. Some of your studies might include collaborations with other students from the School of Jewellery or from other schools in the Faculty of Arts, Design and Media, for specific jewellery businesses or the jewellery industry more widely.
The facilities at the School of Jewellery and the rest of the Faculty of Arts, Design and Media provide everything you need to support your learning; whether it is access to specialist computer software, access to industry insights through BCU library services like Mintel, Euromonitor or trade publications, and space to work individually or in groups.
Why Choose Us?
- Unique portfolio of courses with the most comprehensive range of jewellery related programmes under one roof.
- 96 per cent of School of Jewellery students achieve employment or progress to further study.
- Extensive network of industry contacts and partners with connection to professional bodies
- Exciting opportunities for live projects in a global context.
- International reputation for excellence.
- Situated in the heart of Birmingham’s historic Jewellery Quarter.
- The School has 125 years of history and is constantly evolving to keep abreast of current technology and the needs of the jewellery industry.