International Marketing (Top-up) – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (1 year)
Want to top up your marketing degree in Birmingham? Our BA (Hons) International Marketing (Top-Up) course allows you to learn in our in-house marketing agency, The Link.
Our international marketing top-up degree gives you the chance to broaden your knowledge of marketing within the global business environment. We’ll teach you to apply your knowledge to real business scenarios, helping you to progress into employment, having already dealt with many situations you find in the working world.
What’s covered in the course?
You’ll be put into a range of exciting and innovative scenarios, strengthening your expertise and learning from different cultures and experiences.
On this top-up year, you will take a range of advanced modules that look at current marketing methods and contemporary business issues, such as contemporary advertising, e-business and marketing strategy and planning.
Hands-on learning will go alongside more conventional teaching methods like lectures and seminars on this course. You’ll be put in a range of scenarios, such as assuming the role of an international marketing manager, strengthening your expertise in the areas employers want. You’ll get to mix and collaborate with students on other marketing courses and exchange different ideas and experiences.
The course combines business theory with exciting current marketing themes, such as emerging digital media and the importance of a positive consumer experience. From day one, you’ll start to understand how organisations operate and what their current challenges and opportunities are. You’ll look at how emerging technologies and consumer experience can have a profound effect on how successful a business can be.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on real-life briefs with real clients, thanks to our own student marketing agency, The Link, which is run by our undergraduates and students take on live client briefs, with our students recently getting to work on a campaign for the Bullring.
You will benefit from close tutor support and form strong partnerships with our staff. They are all marketing experts who have had successful careers, and they’ll share their experience and marketing know-how with you.
Why Choose Us?
- With our impressive industry links, we attract fantastic guest speakers to share their insights with you. Recent guest speakers have included PR agency Prova,one of the UK’s leading used vehicle networks, Motors.co.uk and the International Chairman of PR company Burson Marsteller, Bob Leaf.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real marketing projects via our own internal marketing agency, The Link. It’s run by our undergraduates and recently enabled students to work on the successful Cure Leukaemia campaign.
- When you complete your top up degree, you can choose to study two extra modules towards the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Professional Diploma.
- You’ll study in our excellent new facility, The Curzon Building, ideally located in Birmingham’s city centre, near to national and international businesses.
- 91 per cent of our students said staff were good at explaining things according to the National Student Survey 2016.