Law with Business – LLB (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Want to study both law and business at University? Our LLB (Hons) Law with Business course combines both subjects, and allows you to take a year-long industry placement.
Delivered by a team of academics, internationally-recognised researchers and respected former professional practitioners, our LLB (Hons) Law with Business programme provides a practicebased education in English law, with the fundamental aspects of business, opening up a wide range of career options when you graduate in both the business and law sectors.
What’s covered in the course?
The aim of this pathway is to allow you to study the foundations of law and contracts, and to further develop your awareness of the mechanisms involved when considering business/consumer transactions, both domestically and internationally. The programme provides a rigorous academic discipline and also satisfies the first part of the academic stage of qualification required to become a solicitor or barrister.
This programme provides comprehensive coverage of the foundations of legal knowledge together with a selection of business modules, and is relevant for you if you’re considering either a career in professional legal practice or within a business environment.
Why Choose Us?
- This degree course is accredited by the Joint Academic Stage Board (representing the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board). This means that the course is designed to be as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of law, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the legal world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- Our renowned American Legal Practice placement offers you the chance to apply to undertake an internship in the United States.
- We have strong links with law firms and companies based right here in Birmingham, which allow us to host guest speakers from industry regularly.
- Our relationship with the Birmingham Law Society has allowed students to work on a variety of exciting pro bono projects with them.
- All of our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- You will have the chance to join our nationally recognised Mooting Society, as well as our Student Law Society and Student Debating Society. All three provide extracurricular opportunities for you to practise, develop and enhance your skills.
- Our Virtual Solicitors’ Office gives you the opportunity to practise your law skills in an authentic work setting.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s legal district, one of the largest in the UK.
- Birmingham City University has just launched the UK’s first Centre for Brexit Studies, researching all aspects of the UK’s vote to leave the EU, including the impact it has on domestic law and legislation.