Marketing – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Looking for marketing courses in Birmingham? Our BA (Hons) Marketing degree is recognised by the Chartered Institute of Marketing and allows you to take a year-long industry placement.
Businesses value marketing more than ever due to its ability to identify opportunities, shape customer experiences and drive profits. It is an ever evolving discipline, constantly responding to changes in technology, consumer behaviour.
To be successful in his exciting area not only requires a depth understanding of the core principles, but also relies on having the acumen and practical abilities to apply and adapt this knowledge in a wide variety of scenarios. This in-demand course has been designed to give you the practical and professional skills that employers seek through our practice based learning.
Tailor your Marketing Degree
Our suite of Marketing programmes will enable you to tailor your interests to a specific area.
You can switch to a named pathway (or route in the case of the professional practice version) after the first year, as all level 4 modules are common to all courses. On successful completion of this level, you will be able to choose a specified degree pathway or route from the following list:
What’s covered in the course?
Inspiring our students in all aspects of marketing, we put an emphasis on employability, Employability focused means more than securing a role on graduation, it is an enduring principle that ensures that you have the resources and competencies to maximise all of your future career opportunities. You will receive this through every module and through enhanced experiences such as the opportunity to work in our very own student-led marketing agency. Placements are available with numerous companies holding our placement students in high-regard thanks to their real-world practical skills.
This course is also fully recognised by Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). This helps to ensure content remains fresh, relevant and full of key industry insight making you industry-ready the second you graduate. Plus, on graduation you will receive the maximum possible exemptions from the CIM Professional Diploma.
This course is one of six marketing degrees that have been designed to meet the diverse areas of marketing. This suite of courses is distinct in that it offers you a set of pathways that you can choose from irrespective of the course that you entered on. This allows you to develop additional specialist skills of your choice and career aspirations, alongside the core underpinning market concepts you will need in practice.
Why Choose Us?
- This degree course is aligned with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of marketing, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- Recognising the global scope of marketing, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- You’ll learn from industry experienced staff, and have the chance to network with fantastic guest speakers year-round. Our excellent links with Birmingham businesses mean everything about our course is linked to the constantly evolving marketing sector.
- Don’t meet the entry criteria? Our Foundation Year programmes offer a route to a full undergraduate degree at a lower entry tariff.
- Our staff are award winners! Emma Neale won Lecturer of the Year at the 2018 Education Awards.
- We teach by using real business scenarios, so you’ll get the chance to draft marketing plans for actual companies, create marketing material and gain practical experience both within the University and with industry contacts.
- We have our own student-run, in-house marketing agency, The Link, where you can sharpen your skills with briefs and projects from leading businesses and organisations, such as Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Serco and Cure Leukaemia.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.
- All of our team have an open door policy offering drop-in tutorials to make sure you get as much advice as you need, when you need it, to get the most out of your time here.