Marketing (Digital) – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 Years), Sandwich (4 Years), Part Time (5 Years)
Want to get into a career in digital marketing in Birmingham? Our BA (Hons) Marketing (Digital) course allows you to take a year-long industry placement.
Whilst digital marketing is no longer seen as something new and now firmly established in most businesses, there still remains a need to understand how to maximise the technology for commercial gain. This course focuses on the important issue of application and how to use digital media strategically.
On this course we’ll teach you the skills you need to be a qualified marketing professional. You will learn an array of modern marketing principles, work on real-life projects with real business clients and have the opportunity to undertake a paid work placement.
Tailor your Marketing Degree
Our suite of Marketing programmes will enable you to tailor your interests to a specific area.
You can switch to a named pathway (or route in the case of the professional practice version) after the first year, as all level 4 modules are common to all courses. On successful completion of this level, you will be able to choose a specified degree pathway or route from the following list:
What’s covered in the course?
We teach by using real business scenarios, so you’ll get the chance to draft marketing plans for actual companies, develop and communicate digital ideas. You will also have the opportunity to gain experience in our very own in-house marketing agency, The Link.
Businesses value marketing more than ever due to its ability to identify opportunities, shape customer experiences and drive profits. To be successful in his exciting area not only requires a depth understanding of the core principles, but also relies on having the acumen and practical abilities to apply and adapt this knowledge in a wide variety of scenarios. This in-demand course has been designed to give you the practical and professional skills that employers seek through our practice based learning.
Part of a suite of six interrelated degrees, you will get the chance to develop additional specialist skills in Digital Marketing as well as all other key areas of marketing such as Branding and Communications, helping you to fulfil your career aspirations. This flexibility coupled with innovative extra curriculum activities and a placement year mean you take control of your learning and your career.
This course is also fully recognised by Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). This helps to ensure content remains fresh, relevant and full of key industry insight making you industry-ready the second you graduate. Plus, you receive the maximum possible exemptions from the CIM Professional Diploma Our alignment with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) ensures our course content remains fresh, relevant and full of key industry insight making you industry-ready the second you graduate.
Why Choose Us?
- Students are satisfied with our courses! Our Marketing courses scored 92 per cent for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018.
- This degree course is aligned with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). This means that the course is as professionally relevant and up-to-date as possible, taking into account the very latest developments in the profession.
- On all of our programmes you will gain a professional focus and real world experience of marketing, ensuring you are equipped to make an immediate impact in the business world. You have the opportunity to embark on a year-long sandwich placement as part of your degree course.
- Recognising the global scope of marketing, all our programmes have an international focus. This is embedded throughout the curriculum, giving you the opportunity to transform your experience with us into a global one. There are a variety of exciting possibilities open to you, ranging from our successful international travel scholarships scheme, through which you can spend a summer working for a charitable organisation overseas, to one of our many overseas study exchange programmes.
- As a student on one of our undergraduate degrees, you will be able to benefit from our Graduate+ initiative. This three-year award programme enables you to gain award levels for all the extra-curricular activities you undertake so that you can stand out from the crowd on graduation.
- You’ll learn from industry experienced staff, and have the chance to network with fantastic guest speakers year-round. Our excellent links with Birmingham businesses mean everything about our course is linked to the constantly evolving marketing sector.
- Don’t meet the entry criteria? Our Foundation Year programmes offer a route to a full undergraduate degree at a lower entry tariff.
- We teach by using real business scenarios, so you’ll get the chance to draft marketing plans for actual companies, create marketing material and gain practical experience both within the University and with industry contacts.
- We have our own student-run, in-house marketing agency, The Link, where you can sharpen your skills with briefs and projects from leading businesses and organisations, such as Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Serco and Cure Leukaemia.
- You will study in our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, ideally located for you to take advantage of our links to Birmingham’s business district, one of the largest in the UK.
- All of our team have an open door policy offering drop-in tutorials to make sure you get as much advice as you need, when you need it, to get the most out of your time here.