Primary Education with QTS – BA (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 years)
Do you have a passion for inspiring and educating young learners, and want the best possible career opportunities after graduating? This exciting degree provides you with a variety of opportunities to explore your interests and develop core skills and experience in Primary and Early Years teaching.
Expert help and advice
Our graduates are shaping the world, achieving things they never imagined.
Jamie Barry gives you his top tips on how to get ahead in Primary Education with QTS and succeed in your chosen career.
What’s covered in the course?
Our course offers you the chance to gain the professional qualification of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) as well as a degree, helping you walk into your dream job as a primary school teacher immediately after graduating from university.
This course allows you to specialise in age phases 3-7 or 5-11, qualifying you to deliver primary education in schools and early years settings and gives you the opportunity to work in a Special Educational Needs school.
Your placements in local schools in the wider Birmingham area give you practical experience right from the start of this training course. We believe working in schools with experienced teachers and children is key to developing you into a committed, creative and confident teacher with existing relationships to benefit from when seeking employment after graduation.
Our course is underpinned by a commitment to your well-being and achievement in a supportive and nurturing environment. Your learning will be led by highly experienced tutors who facilitate a wide range of practical experience and taught sessions to engage you in reflective and critical evaluation of research, policy and practice. You will be well supported during the course in your journey to becoming an outstanding teacher.
Where will I study?
Our Education courses are taught at our recently extended £71 million City South Campus in Edgbaston, which includes brand new state-of-the-art facilities. Our facilities are specifically designed to develop your knowledge and skills in primary teaching.
See what our students say…
“My favourite thing about this course is the support you receive from the tutors, they really make an effort to get to know you and provide around the clock support to help you at all times. Also, placements are so rewarding – you really come to love the children and they truly see you as a teacher.” Georgia Midgley
Why Choose Us?
- Students are satisfied with this course! We scored 93 per cent for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018.
- We have many partnerships in the West Midlands, which means that you can benefit from training in local schools and early years settings
- High employability rate – 95 per cent of our students are in work or study six months after finishing this course (Unistats) and we provide excellent support in making sure you find the right teaching job for you
- Practical hands-on experience in schools right from the start of your programme
- Study at our recently extended state-of-the-art £71 million City South Campus
- We have a number of international links (Spain, France and Germany) to enable you to experience primary education in another country, enhancing your employability skills