Sport and Exercise Nutrition – BSc (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 years)
Our practice-based, innovative Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc degree will provide you with the underpinning scientific knowledge of nutrition, science and physiology for sports performance, exercise and health. This course is based at our recently extended £71 million City South Campus in Edgbaston, Birmingham and is approved by the Sport & Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) to ensure that the knowledge and competencies are aligned with professional standards.
What’s covered in the course?
You’ll study nutrition and exercise at both ends of the spectrum, from assessing professional sports teams to health-based clients with specific nutritional issues. It’s a chance for you to gain experience in developing nutritional strategies that aid performance, health and wellbeing.
You’ll undertake physiological and nutritional assessment of sports performers in our state-of-the-art laboratories. However, it’s important to know that the course isn’t just about analysing elite athletes – you’ll also have the opportunity to learn how nutrition and exercise can impact upon people with different physiques and states of health.
Upon graduating, you can apply for jobs as a performance nutritionist, as well as within other areas of sport science, health and fitness.
We also boast partnerships with both Warwickshire Cricket Club and Sport Birmingham. These partnerships not only keep our courses fresh and relevant, they also provide valuable placements, trips and case studies for you and your fellow students.
Why Choose Us?
- This course is endorsed by the Sport and Exercise Nutrition register (SENr).
- There will be live projects to work on, as well as compulsory work placements, enabling you to gain first-hand experience and build your knowledge.
- You’ll receive talks from guest lecturers who work within the sector and can provide relevant, up-to-date advice.
- There will be an opportunity to engage in international exchanges, as well as trips and visits that will aid your course.
- Many of our staff are PhD-trained and remain active in their chosen fields.
- You’ll work in state-of-the-art nutrition and dietetic laboratories, building your skills and knowledge.