Sport and Exercise Science – BSc (Hons)
Attendance Full Time (3 years)
Our Sport and Exercise Science course will equip you with the skills to become a practitioner in the sport and exercise industry; either helping leading athletes to achieve their potential, or working with members of the public to achieve their goals. You will be taught in our recently extended £71 million City South Campus based in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
What’s covered in the course?
The course explores the science of sport and exercise, considering how disciplines such as physiology, psychology and biomechanics can be applied in the context of sports performance, physical activity, health and wellbeing.
You will study a range of discipline-specific and multi-disciplinary modules, equipping you with a diverse range of perspectives that will enrich your learning and enhance your career opportunities.
It won’t just be about sport – you’ll be looking at different aspects of health and people at opposite ends of the health spectrum. Sport and exercise is a large and expanding global industry and levels of fitness and participation in physical activity are significant issues on the political agenda. Therefore, you’ll be trained to respond to the challenges facing society today, by exploring the profession and it’s disciplines in encouraging and supporting greater physical activity.
Endorsed by the British Association for Sport and Exercise Science, the professional body for sport and exercise science, our practice-led course is full of relevant, fresh information and insight that you can take into the work environment and make a positive contribution to modern society.
Why Choose Us?
- There will be live projects to work on, as well as optional work-based learning experience, enabling you to gain first-hand experience and build your knowledge.
- You’ll have access to our dedicated physiology and biomechanics laboratory, where there will be an array of state-of-the-art equipment and cutting-edge resources.
- You’ll receive talks from guest lecturers who work within the sector and can provide relevant, up-to-date advice.
- There will be the opportunity to engage in international exchanges, as well as trips and visits that will aid your course.
- Work will be both practical and lab-based, giving you the best of both experiences; supporting your development to work out in the sporting environment, in fitness settings, or conducting lab-based research.