Study in Poland at The University of Information Technology and Management (UITM) through Carpa Education
- Posted by carpaedu
- Posted in Blog, Carpa Education News
Established in 1996, The University of Information Technology and Management (UITM) in Rzeszów started as a university with 3 courses taught in the Polish language, 110 people of academic staff and the area of university covered 2,000 m2. Now it is the largest private university in the Podkarpackie region with 419 of academic staff (including 52 foreigners) and almost 6000 students, including 1700 international students coming from the EU, Eastern Europe, Asia, America and Africa (more than 40 countries). There are more than 40,000 alumni that have graduated from UITM. Our three faculties (Administration and Social Sciences, IT and Medical) offer both bachelor and master’s degrees, with the addition of non-degree postgraduate specialization and vocational courses in Polish and in English. Currently, UITM offers 22 courses in Polish and 7 courses in English.
UITM Facts and Figures
- 6,000 students (full-time and part-time) including 1,700 foreigners;
- 777 staff inculding 52 foreigners;
- 419 university teachers;
- 15 undergraduate (bachelor’s degree) and 7 postgraduate (master’s degree) courses in Polish;
- 9 undergraduate (bachelor’s degree) and 5 postgraduate (master’s degree) courses in English;
- 3 faculties;
- 60 non-degree postgraduate specialisation courses and 5 vocational courses.
Available Courses in English
|UNDERGRADUATE COURSES||POSTGRADUATE COURSES|
General Aviation Management
International Business Management
Game Design and development
Global Logistics Engineering
International Transport and Spedition Engineering
|International Business management|
Logistics and Transport Management
University of Information Technology and Management (UITM) allows Nigerians and other international students to work while studying their respective programs.
There are many job opportunities and paid internships at multinational companies such as BorgWarner, Bosch, Lufthansa, Deloitte, PGS Software, CISCO, Carson Wagonit travel, EME Aero etc with salaries starting from 500 Euros or 300,000 Naira monthly for Nigerian Students.
Free Career Advisory Service
University of Information Technology and Management (UITM) offers career advisory servise to its students to allow them successfully apply for jobs after graduation. This helps the students archive the following:
Assistance for all students in planning their future career.
Professional help with writing their CV and motivation letters to suite Polish employers
Preparation for job interviews
Workshops connected with the labour market
Job fairs and career Days
Tuition Fees for UITM
UITM offers affordable tuition of between 4000 Euros to 4500 Euros for all programs on offer.
Applying For Polish Study Visa From Nigeria
APPLYING FOR VISA
General information When you plan to move to Poland for study, you apply for the National Visa (D-type) at the Consular Office of the Embassy of Poland or at the Consulate of the Republic of Poland in Nigeria.
Address: 10, River Niger St, Off Danube St, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
In some countries the outsourced Visa Application Centres (VAC) are being appointed to provide services.
For all information about rules & regulations regarding the visa procedure please visit the website of the Polish Embassy or Consulate in Nigeria. found here
To obtain a visa could be a lengthy process, please allow at least a month to apply.
Where to apply? : A Consular office of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland or the Consulate of the Republic of Poland in the consular district of your place of residence (permanent).
Documents needed :
Usually, the below-listed documents are enough to apply for a visa, however, the consul may require additional documents.
Again, you may find all necessary information on the website of the consular office.
1. A visa application form
2. A colour photo (3.5 x 4.5 cm). The photo must be: a)sharp, taken against еру white background and printed on a quality paper, b)newer than 6 months, c)taken en face, clearly showing the eyes and face on both sides from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders with the face-covering 70-80% of the photo. The photo must be taken without any head-wear.
3. Passport issued within the last ten years, valid for at least three months from the expected return date, with at least two blank pages for visas.
4. A copy of one page of your passport – page with personal data and the photo.
5. Healthcare insurance valid across the European Union for the amount not lower than EUR30,000.
6. A copy of an ID document to confirm legal residence within the consular district of your application.
7. Proof that you have enough means of subsistence in the form decided by the mission.
8. A proof of accommodation (for example, an official invitation or a hotel booking or reservation).
9. Documents confirming the purpose of your stay in Poland.
Polish Visa Interview
1.The consul may, but does not have to, invite the applicant for an interview. Be ready and prepare yourself.
2. One of the main reasons for interviews is to check your level of English and communication proficiency. Try to stay calm, confident, and provide clear answers.
3. Be prepared to answer questions regarding your current occupation (e.g.): a.Your work b.Your studies c.Family (If applicable, any family in Poland or Europe?) d.Travel history
4.You may be asked about your intentions and plans (e.g.): a.Why would you like to go to Poland? b.What are your plans when you are in Poland? c.Do you have any future plans in Poland? d.Do you plan to stay in Poland after your graduation?
5. Inform yourself about UITM, Interviewers tend to ask a question related to your University and studies as well as Poland and the region where you intend to study .
a. Why did you choose UITM? b. How did you find UITM? c. What are you going to Study? d. Why did you chose the course you are going to study? e. How long is the duration of your studies? f. How much is the tuition fee? g. Information about Poland etc.
6. Proof of accommodation is important for the Visa application (UITM provides the guarantee of accommodation for candidates). Be ready to provide information regarding this subject.
7. Financial statements, critical for Visa application. You should have statements from a bank or local authorities proving you have sufficient assets. Please prepare answers and documented proofs for: a. How much is the program and living costs will be? b. How much did you pay to the University till now? c. How will you pay for your studies and living arrangements? d. Is your parents’ financial situation suitable for supporting you? (If supported by the family) e. Do you plan to work during your studies?
After getting a visa
The D-type visas allow staying in other Schengen states for 90 days of any 180 days. It means that you can legally stay in the Schengen Area only if your stay was shorter than 90 days over the past 180 days.
The Visa D-type is valid for a maximum of one year.
Please note – receiving the visa does not guarantee that you will enter Poland – the final decision is always made by the Border Guard.
CONTACT US TO APPLY
Please call our office to find out more information.
At Carpa Education offices located at 183 Ikot Ekpene Road Uyo, Akwa Ibom state, Nigeria.
TELEPHONE +2347088660078, +2348080808718, +2347088889366