UK Undergraduate Accomodation
How to find the right Undergraduate accommodation for you
Many course providers can reserve a place for you in their halls of residence, but it’s important to do your research and think about what’s important to you. Here are some key things you’ll need to consider about UK Undergraduate Accommodations:
- Check the Host University Websites – they could have pictures of what their halls of residence look like, and you may be able to reserve a room online. They’ll list the facilities available and any costs associated with them.
- Think about private student accommodation – these are often similar to course providers’ halls, but you won’t always be living with people who go to your course provider. There may also be different facilities available, and you might have more freedom as to what you can and can’t bring with you. Private halls are often owned by companies who build halls of residence near course providers all over the country, so a quick internet search will provide you with reviews on a national scale.
- Read the small print – most accommodation providers (including halls of residence) have strict guidelines and rules on what you can and can’t bring/have with you. There might be other important things you’ll need to know too, like parking restrictions and health and safety issues.
- Check what bills you’ll need to pay – the cost of living in halls of residence usually includes electricity and water bills, but you’ll still need to pay for things like insurance and a TV license.
- Consider the essentials – you’ll need things for your bedroom and kitchen. If you move into halls of residence, check what’s there already so you don’t buy things unnecessarily.
- Watch virtual tours – see what the campus and facilities are like from the comfort of your home!
- Find out about Unipol’s National Codes – make sure your accommodation is up to standard. These codes ensure what’s advertised is what you will get, repairs are made on time, and good general management.
- Look after your deposit – money.co.uk share everything you need to know about how to protect your deposit in their guest blog.
As a freshman, UK Undergraduate Accommodation issues can be daunting. You just have to have your time and make the right choice.